Monday, September 29, 2014

Mini Peach Muffins

This morning after feeding the horses, I decided to make muffins. When I cracked open the egg, it had a double yoke! Yesterday, I finally went through the stock I had of store-bought eggs, from when our new laying hens were maturing. So today, the first egg (from our new layers) that I cracked open was this little beauty. I was already so excited to finally be able to use the ones from our layers, and low and behold a double yoke!

Anyways enough about the exciting egg. I'm sure you would all rather have the recipe for the bites size treats mentioned in the title!

Warning: they are slightly addicting so be sure to keep them out of arms reach once they are cooled.

 Mini Peach Muffins

For this recipe I had a general guide, but I'm one of those "well that looks like the right amount" sort of cooks/ bakers so again, I apologize for the rough estimate.

1 3/4 c flour
1/3 c sugar
2 1/2tsp baking powder
dash of salt (or so)

1 egg
2/3c melted butter
milk

3 canned peach halves broken up into incredibly tiny pieces (I personally like home canned because they are softer and sweeter than fresh or store bought but the others work just as well) 

Combine and mix dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
Add the egg, butter, and enough milk to make a thick batter. I guesstimated about 1c probably. It mostly depends on the humidity. Finally gently stir in your peaches. Be sure that everything is coated while mixing the least amount possible. Your batter should be thin enough to spoon into the muffin pan, but should not be smooth like a cake batter (Remember that the more you stir muffin batter, the more dense they will be once they are cooked).

Spoon the batter into your lightly greased muffin tin.

I used mini muffin tins. So they were only in the oven for about 10 minutes (or so) at 400 F.

For regular sized muffins, I'd time for about 20 minutes, then check to see the progress.

These are light colored treats, so the edges will be browner than the tops. Don't fret when they aren't the perfect golden brown that is encouraged on the back of a box mix- they will still taste great!

I hope you enjoy this recipe!




No comments:

Post a Comment